2017Palm Springs international animation festival
FILE TRANSFER SUBMISSIONS :
Films can be emailed through
WeTransfer, DropSend, etc.
Send initial email to :
Best Animated Feature
Best Animated Short
Best Animated Music Video
Best Animated TV Series
Best Student Animated Film
Accepting animation films in all genres considered.
CALL FOR ENTRIES :
Early Bird Deadline of May 25 - Regular
Deadline of Jun 23 - Late
Deadline of July 18 - Film Freeway Extended
Deadline as Aug 27- Deadline
Deadline as Oct 1 - Extended Deadline ( Waivers)
By submitting your film you agree to the following Palm Springs International Animation Festival (PSIAF) Terms and Conditions, and indicate that you have read and understood the PSIAF entry guidelines.
The following will apply if my film/video is selected:
1. My film/video will be screened during the Palm Springs International Festival and will be eligible to win a filmmaker award.
2. My film/video will be shipped (at filmmaker's expense) in one of the exhibition formats speciﬁed on the PSIAF listing by February 12, 2017 at the latest.
3. My film/video may be utilized for promotional purposes of the festival, limited to private screenings and preview-only copies for press and supporters, unless otherwise arranged with the PSIAF.
4. I will permit the PSIAF to use my name and stills from my film/video (at least one print-quality version provided upon request) for promotional purposes.
The following will apply for all film/video submissions:
1. The PSIAF retains the right to archive the submitted screener copy of my film/video (excluding 16mm prints) in physical and/or digital format solely for historical and research purposes, and will not publicly screen it without my permission.
2. The PSIAF will conduct private screening sessions to review submissions, which may include my film/video.
3. The PSIAF does not provide refunds on submission fees.
Rules for Participation
1. Dates and Venue
The absolute final deadlines are as dictated on Film Freeway. Category winners are announced after the festival. The venue for the festival will be announced closer to the date of the event.
The festival reserves the right to place entries into alternative categories if they feel it is to the benefit of the title. Each submission must be entered separately. Entries will be assessed and successful submissions will be programmed for screening and enter the festival competition. Failure to submit a screener copy four weeks prior to the festival will rule out eligibility for an award. If your film is selected we reserve the right to show your film at a date and time of our choosing.
For the selection process acceptable formats include: DVD or Blu-Ray.
Successful submissions that are granted a screening must submit one of the following: Blu-Ray or DVD.
Please address your entry to:
Palm Springs Animation Film Festival
1775 E. Palm Canyon Dr. Suite 110-196
Palm Springs, CA 92264
Festivals are organized by the Film Festival Guild. The festival directors reserve the right to invite films for the competition and program. Screening schedule will be announced after the final submission deadline. The final award winning entries will be selected by a festival jury and audience votes. Award winners will be notified within 14 days of the festival screenings.
5. Entry Returns
We do not return submission entries.
It is the responsibility of the entrant to ensure that films for screening are deposited with the festival organizers at least 7 days before any scheduled screening.
We reserve the right to use extracts from submissions for festival publicity and marketing purposes. Press kits are not required, but are useful, so please feel free to send these with your submissions.